Understanding the curriculum
- NSW Curriculum Syllabuses
- Syllabus A-Z
- Curriculum development
- Stage 6 (11–12) syllabus development
- Stage 6 (11–12) assessment
- Syllabus development process
- University Developed Board Endorsed Courses
- School Developed Board Endorsed Courses
- Awarding grades
Science Extension Stage 6 Draft syllabus Survey Statements
Teachers and interested members of the public are invited to complete the NSW Education Standards Authority (NESA) online survey about the Science Extension Stage 6 draft syllabus. It is available until 9 April 2017.
The online survey statements make specific reference to sections of the draft syllabus.
The purpose of this survey is to obtain feedback about the draft syllabus. Feedback will be used to guide the development of the final syllabus.
1. The rationale describes the nature and purpose of the course.
2. The rationale reflects a contemporary view of the course.
3. The aim provides a succinct statement of the overall purpose of the course.
4. The objectives define in broad terms the knowledge, understanding, skills, values and attitudes to be developed through the study of the course.
5. The outcomes describe what students are expected to know, understand and can do as a result of studying the course.
6. The course structure and requirements are clear.
7. The modules provide appropriate challenge and interest.
8. Please comment on the requirements for the research report and supporting research portfolio.
9. The content and its sequence within each module are appropriate.
10. The learning across the curriculum content is authentic and appropriate.
11. The content will challenge high achieving students.
12. Content relating to the research project is appropriate.
13. The content provides a contemporary approach to learning in Science.
14. The components and weightings are appropriate for school-based assessment.
15. The requirements for assessment of the research project are clear and appropriate.
16. The draft HSC examination specifications are appropriate.
17. Please comment on the draft HSC examination specifications.
18. Please provide feedback about the glossary.
19. Please provide any other comments about the Science Extension Stage 6 draft syllabus, school-based assessment and examination specifications.