- Subject selection
- Key dates and exam timetables
- 2017 HSC written exam timetable
- Exam advice and resources
- Rules and processes
- HSC: All My Own Work
- 1. Scholarship Principles and Practices
- 2. Acknowledging Sources
- 3. Plagiarism
- 4. Copyright
- 5. Working with others
- Disability provisions
- Results and certificates
5.4 What are the benefits of producing your own work?
If you are like most students, you want to develop your skills and knowledge and gain credit for what you have done, not for what someone else has done.
The benefits of producing your own work are that you:
- gain credit for what you have done, not for what someone else has done
- learn new skills that will benefit you in future study and work
- take pride in achieving and submitting your best work
- gain satisfaction in knowing that the work submitted is your own
- demonstrate that you value honesty and ethical practices.
Work through each step in the module: