- Learning through reading and writing
- Special needs in English guide
- Agricultural Technology 7–10
- Design and Technology 7–10
- Food Technology 7–10
- Graphics Technology 7–10
- Industrial Technology 7–10
- Information & Software Technology 7–10
- Marine & Aquaculture Technology 7–10
- Technology Mandatory 7–10
- Textiles Technology 7–10
- Teaching Agriculture
- Coding across the curriculum
- Creative Arts
Case study four videos
The following videos illustrate a variety of assessment strategies used to determine expressive communication goals and possible adjustments required to support these goals:
- recording a communication sample using the Antecedent Behaviour Consequence (ABC) recording form (Form 10)
- identifying functions for communication using the Summary of expressive communication record sheet (Form 12)
- providing a Communication dictionary (Form 16) to aid interactions with communication partners
Video 1: Miguel at morning circle
The class is engaged in the morning circle activities, followed by a shared reading activity. They are seated in a semi-circle with the teacher’s aide and the teacher is seated in front of them. Miguel is in a floor-sitter.
Video 2: Miguel choosing activities
Miguel is seated in his wheelchair, working one to one with the teacher. After deciding which activity he would like to do, Miguel uses a jellybean switch to read a story on the computer.
Video 3: Elodie at morning circle
The class is engaged in the morning circle activities, followed by a shared reading activity. They are seated in a semi-circle with the teacher’s aide and the teacher is seated in front of them.
Video 4: Elodie recounting a story
Elodie is working one to one with the teacher. They are looking at a book previously read in class. After discussing the book, Elodie begins a recount of the story using the Mountbatten.