- Learning through reading and writing
- Special needs in English guide
- Agricultural Technology 7–10
- Design and Technology 7–10
- Food Technology 7–10
- Graphics Technology 7–10
- Industrial Technology 7–10
- Information & Software Technology 7–10
- Marine & Aquaculture Technology 7–10
- Technology Mandatory 7–10
- Textiles Technology 7–10
- Teaching Agriculture
- Coding across the curriculum
- Creative Arts
Vocational Education and Training (VET)
The role VET courses play in helping students prepare for further education, training, employment and lifelong learning is widely recognised by key stakeholders in education.
Students in NSW have the option of studying VET courses at school or through TAFE NSW or other training providers.
VET courses can only be delivered by registered training organisations (RTOs) that meet national standards and have the relevant qualification and units of competency on their scope of registration.
For NSW school students in Years 9–12 VET is ‘dual accredited’. Students receive recognition towards their school qualification (Record of School Achievement or HSC), as well as a nationally recognised VET qualification (Certificate or Statement of Attainment).
Some VET courses include an HSC examination which provides the opportunity for students to have this HSC examination mark contribute towards the calculation of their Australian Tertiary Admission Rank (ATAR).
Read more about VET (on the BOSTES website):
- VET Board Endorsed Courses including course descriptions and details for schools applying for a new course
- school-based apprenticeships and traineeships (SBA/Ts) in the HSC, including a mapping tool, course description for Industry-based Learning and links to further information
- the process for Recognition of prior learning (RPL) and credit transfer within VET courses and how to apply
- VET in Years 9 and 10 (Stage 5) including guidelines, advice and planning tools
- sample VET qualifications (including a Certificate and accompanying Transcript of Competencies Achieved, and a Statement of Attainment).