- Understanding the curriculum
- Syllabuses A–Z
- Curriculum development
- K–10 syllabus development
- Languages K–10 development
- Syllabus development process
- School Developed Board Endorsed Courses
- Equivalent and Alternative Courses of Study
- Awarding grades
To undertake a Board Endorsed Alternative Education Program (students registered for home schooling only)
Students registered for home schooling wanting to undertake a Board Endorsed Alternative Education Program, under 21B(5)(d) & 23(2)(c) of the Education Act 1990.
This information sheet is a summary of the relevant section of the Guidelines for Equivalent and Alternative Courses of Study. For full details please refer to the Guidelines.
Student eligibility requirements
- these instructions are only for students currently registered for home schooling
- the parent/caregiver should already have contacted the relevant Board Endorsed Alternative Education Provider and established that a place is available for the student
- written approval from a NSW Education Standards Authority (NESA) Authorised Person acting in lieu of a school principal will be required
- final approval from the head of the Board Endorsed Alternative Education Program will be required.
What you need before you start
- confirmation that a place is available for the student in the relevant Board Endorsed Alternative Education Program
- Application form.
The steps you should follow
Notify NESA of intention to undertake a Board Endorsed Alternative Education Program
- confirmation that a place is available in the relevant Board Endorsed Alternative Education Program.
Contact: Board Endorsed Programs on 02 9367 8150 or email@example.com
An Authorised Person from NESA will be assigned and will be in contact with you.
Parent/caregiver to complete the application form.
- student details
- Board Endorsed Alternative Education Program details
- parent/caregiver details
- reasons for the application.
Parent/caregiver to mail application, with attachments, to the Board Endorsed Programs Unit at:
Board Endorsed Programs
NSW Education Standards Authority
GPO Box 5300
- completed application form.
Authorised Person to contact parent/caregiver to discuss application, if necessary.
If approved by Authorised Person parent/caregiver will receive the following:
- Approval to undertake Board Endorsed Alternative Education Program.
Please note you will need to refer to Section 3.3 of the Guidelines if this course is to be used for completion of Year 10.
Parent/caregiver to use the Approval to undertake Board Endorsed Alternative Education in the course provider's enrolment process.