- Understanding the curriculum
- Syllabuses A–Z
- Curriculum development
- K–10 syllabus development
- Creative Arts K–10 syllabus development
- Languages K–10 development
- Syllabus development process
- School Developed Board Endorsed Courses
- Equivalent and Alternative Courses of Study
- Awarding grades
To provide a Board Endorsed Alternative Education Program
Information for schools and other organisations seeking to deliver a Board Endorsed Alternative Education Program.
This information sheet is a summary of the relevant section of the Guidelines for Equivalent and Alternative Courses of Study. For full details please refer to Section 4 of the Guidelines.
School/organisation eligibility requirements
- applicants can include government schools, non-government schools, TAFE NSW, registered training organisations and non-government organisations
- optional attendance at a workshop on 8 February 2017 (round 1 application) or 7 June 2017 (round 2 application) regarding the application process. For more information regarding the workshop and RSVP, please email the Board Endorsed Officer at email@example.com
- applications must be received by 24 February 2017 for delivery in Semester II of 2017 or 30 June 2017 for delivery in Semester I of 2018.
What you need before you start
- optional attendance at a workshop on 8 February 2017 (round 1 application) or 7 June 2017 (round 2 application) regarding the application process
- documentation relevant to the criteria for approval as detailed in Section 4.4 of the Guidelines. In general these relate to:
- the need for this program as an alternative to the other pathways provided in the Education Act 1990
- the nature, content and outcomes of the program
- your school/organisation's capacity to deliver the approved program
- your school/organisation's capacity to meet its legislative obligations in relation to child protection
- Application form
The steps you should follow
Optional attendance at a workshop on 8 February 2017 (round 1 application) or 7 June 2017 (round 2 application) regarding the application process.
Information needed: Information and RSVP regarding the workshops can be obtained by contacting the Board Endorsed Officer via firstname.lastname@example.org or 02 9367 8036.
Complete the NESA application form and attach all required documentation.
- program title
- school/organisation details
- program rationale
- specific needs of the students
- nature of the program content
- learning outcomes
- monitoring and reporting procedures
- capacity to deliver the program
Email or mail the completed application form with required documentation attached to:
Board Endorsed Programs
NSW Education Standards Authority
GPO Box 5300
The Board Endorsement Panel will consider the application at their next meeting (15 March 2017 and 16 August 2017).
Applicants will be notified of the decision before 18 May 2017 or 27 October 2017.
If approved, the applicant will receive a Notice of Approval to deliver the Board Endorsed Alternative Education Program.
If rejected, the applicant may appeal the decision (see Sections 5 and 6 of the Guidelines).