How accreditation works
- Guide to accreditation
- Your accreditation
- Pre-2004 teachers
- Casual and part-time
- Early Childhood Teachers
- Interstate teachers
- Overseas teachers
- Future teachers
- Returning teachers
- Taking a break
- Voluntary cancellation of accreditation
- Cessation of accreditation
- Revocation and suspension of accreditation
- Your account
- Complete 10 hours of Refresher Courses
- Administering accreditation
- Supervisors/Principal/Service Providers
- Responsibilities when employing teachers
- Professional experience framework
- Download the professional experience framework
- Supervising provisional-conditional accredited teachers
- Checklist for supporting proficient teacher accreditation
- Proficient teacher report
- Supervisor report sample
- Verify maintenance of accreditation
- Plan and validate PD
- Supporting highly accomplished and lead teacher accreditation
- PD Delegates
- Initial Teacher Education
- Program accreditation requirements
- Transition to the revised standards
- Sharing final year student data
- Initial Teacher Education Committee
- Accredited teaching programs
- GTIL ITE reports
- Information sharing protocols
- Providing professional development
Promotional guidelines for NESA endorsed PD providers
GUIDELINES, TERMS AND LOGO
Contact the Professional Learning team for a copy of the logo file(s).
Promoting the status of your professional learning offering(s) as NESA Registered Professional Development (PD) identifies that your organisation has completed a rigorous assessment and approval process, to provide professional learning that contributes to mandatory requirements for maintaining teacher accreditation.
- Teachers accredited at Proficient Teacher level are required to complete a minimum of 50 hours of NESA Registered PD to maintain accreditation
- Teachers accredited at Highly Accomplished Teacher level are required to complete a minimum of 20 hours of NESA Registered PD to maintain accreditation
- Teachers accredited at Lead Teacher level are required to complete a minimum of 20 hours of NESA Registered PD to maintain accreditation.
The NESA Registered Professional Development Promotional Guidelines provide all relevant criteria for using the NESA logo, and has samples of using the logo in relation to the marketing material. You should provide graphic designers and printers with a copy of this guide. A summary can also be found below.
Please note that the NESA Registered Professional Development Promotional Guidelines were updated in February 2017, and we are still accepting endorsed materials with the old BOSTES QTC logo for 2017.
NESA logo and information text
The NESA logo should be used to indicate the status of your professional learning offering(s) as NESA Registered Professional Development . There are three levels of NESA Registered Development - Proficient Teacher, Highly Accomplished Teacher and Lead Teacher. Use of the logo must be accompanied by the information text outlined below.
|For Proficient Teachers||
||Completing <this course> will contribute X hours and X minutes of NESA Registered PD addressing <list standard descriptors> from the Australian Professional Standards for Teachers towards maintaining Proficient Teacher Accreditation in NSW.|
|For Highly Accomplished Teachers||Completing <this course> will contribute X hours and X minutes of NESA Registered PD addressing <list standard descriptors> from the Australian Professional Standards for Teachers towards maintaining Highly Accomplished Teacher Accreditation in NSW.|
|For Lead Teachers||Completing <this course> will contribute X hours and X minutes of NESA Registered PD addressing <list standard descriptors> from the Australian Professional Standards for Teachers towards maintaining Lead Teacher Accreditation in NSW.|
Endorsed Provider co-branding
You should refer to your endorsed provider status in text as follows:
<Organisation> is endorsed to provide NESA Registered Professional Development for teachers accredited at <accreditation level> Teacher.
Co-branding is only permitted when promoting NESA Registered Professional Development.
Co-branding or use of the NESA logo is NOT permitted when referring to your endorsement to provide NESA Registered Professional Development.
Placement and Hierarchy
For the purposes of co-branding promotional materials (produced by your organisation for the purposes of promoting NESA Registered Development) your organisation logo may take primary placement and the NESA logo secondary. Minimum size and exclusion zone specifications must be applied to the NESA logo as set out in the Guidelines (see next section below).
Using the logo
Always leave the logo some space to breathe. We’ve defined an exclusion zone to stop other graphic elements from interfering with the logo.
For the identity format there are minimum size requirements which must be adhered to when specifying for print production and online usage. This is important to ensure the legibility of the NSW Education Standards Authority logo. No configuration should be reproduced any smaller than indicated.
The logo is available in .jpeg, .eps and .png formats. The following versions are available:
- Colour for use on a white background
- White reversed out, for use on a dark background
- Mono for use where one colour printing is required.
Please contact the NESA Professional Learning team via email@example.com for a copy of the logo file(s).
The logo can be used on training and marketing materials directly related to professional learning that is NESA Registered Professional Development. This may include course or event:
- Flyers/ brochures
- Manuals/ workbooks/ agendas
It should not be used on corporate materials such as stationery.
The colours for the logo are:
- The granting of the logo relates to your organisation’s endorsement to provide NESA Registered Professional Development only. It does not constitute NESA endorsement of all activities, products, services and policies of the organisation and this should never be implied.
- You may only use the logo and endorsed provider text reference:
- following written con rmation from NESA of your endorsement to provide NESA Registered Professional Development
- for the teacher accreditation level/s indicated on your NESA letter of endorsement
- for the period indicated on your NESA letter of endorsement.
- You must immediately stop using the logo:
- if you breach any government legislation
- at the conclusion of your endorsement period
- if you are advised by NESA to cease using the logo for any reason.
- NESA reserves the right to revoke use of the logo at any time, including where your organisation is using the graphic in a way which, in NESA’s reasonable opinion, is likely to mislead or deceive.
Contact the NESA Professional Learning team via email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 02 9367 8291.