How accreditation works
- Guide to accreditation
- Your accreditation
- Pre-2004 teachers
- Casual and part-time
- Early Childhood Teachers
- Interstate teachers
- Overseas teachers
- Future teachers
- Returning teachers
- Taking a break
- Voluntary cancellation of accreditation
- Cessation of accreditation
- Revocation and suspension of accreditation
- Your account
- Complete 10 hours of Refresher Courses
- Administering accreditation
- Supervisors/Principal/Service Providers
- Responsibilities when employing teachers
- Professional experience framework
- Download the professional experience framework
- Supervising provisional-conditional accredited teachers
- Checklist for supporting proficient teacher accreditation
- Proficient teacher report
- Supervisor report sample
- Verify maintenance of accreditation
- Plan and validate PD
- Supporting highly accomplished and lead teacher accreditation
- PD Delegates
- Initial Teacher Education
- Program accreditation requirements
- Transition to the revised standards
- Sharing final year student data
- Initial Teacher Education Committee
- Accredited teaching programs
- GTIL ITE reports
- Information sharing protocols
- Providing professional development
Teachers, TAAs, supervisors, principals, PD delegates, referees, External Observers and endorsed professional development (PD) providers can log in to complete accreditation tasks, such as apply for provisional or conditional accreditation, find, register and validate PD courses, apply for a leave of absence and pay fees.
Create an account
Future teachers, teachers, principals, supervisors, PD delegates and TAAs need to create an account to access the online account tool after completing an online form. Endorsed PD providers are provided with their user name and password in their letter of endorsement.
Forgotten your user name or password?
You can recover your user name and password by providing your NESA Teacher Number.
Manage my account
Moved or changed your name? Don’t forget to let us know and to regularly log in to your online account to keep track of your accreditation details and make sure it is current.
Changed your name?
Notify NESA by sending a certified copy of proof of your name change e.g. your marriage certificate or deed poll to: PO Box A976 SYDNEY SOUTH NSW 1235
Changed your address, phone number or job?
Log in to your online to update these details. Once logged in you can also:
- Check your accreditation status and timeframe
- Check your payment history
- Pay your fee online
- Apply for a leave of absence.
Teachers maintaining their accreditation can also:
- Find QTC registered professional development (PD) courses
- Add any teacher identified PD you have completed
- Keep track of your PD, including hours completed and which Australian Professional Standards for Teachers you have covered
- Pay your preliminary assessment or application fee for voluntary higher level accreditation.
We recommend accessing the online account tool using Google Chrome or Internet Explorer 10 (in compatibility mode) with pop-up blockers disabled.
Disable pop-up blockers in Google Chrome and Internet Explorer 10
- Open Google Chrome.
- Click the Chrome menu on the browser toolbar at top right hand side.
- Select Settings.
- Click Show advanced settings.
- In the Privacy section, click the Content settings button.
- In the Pop-ups section, select Allow all sites to show pop-ups. Customise permissions for specific websites by clicking Manage exceptions.
- Click on Done.
- Open Internet Explorer 10.
- Click the Tools button at the top of the browser window.
- Select Internet Options from the Tools menu.
- Click the Privacy tab in the Internet Options pop-up window.
- Clear the check mark next to "Turn on Pop-Up Blocker" so that it is unselected (see below Figure).
- Click OK.
Turn on compatibility mode when using Internet Explorer 10
- Open Internet Explorer 10.
- Press Alt on your keyboard.
- Select Tools.
- Select Compatibility View Settings.
- Add “nsw.edu.au” to the space provided and press Add.
- Close all open windows and restart Internet Explorer.
Click the “Broken Page” (below) in the right hand side of your address bar when you encounter the error.
If you continue to experience technical issues please email us at email@example.com or phone 1300 739 338.